Thursday, November 19, 2009

Moving at Light Speed

With the change in dates, we have lost one key person to our cast, the lovely Mawiyah Johnson. She has other work and we're very sad. She is just beautiful to look at on screen and very very talented.

On Monday I'm bringing in two new actresses to fill in the missing pieces.

Angela Nicole (Hostess)

I'm also doing FT fundraising and making lots of calls. It is a brutal process and although I have done my fair share over the years, it gets no easier. But the story is powerful, funny and well-crafted. The team is great and experienced, and the cast is nearly pitch-perfect. The machine looks good.

Victoria Dorazi (Joan)
This should theoretically encourage more Yes's then No's but it is a tough time in the world and I have heard my share of tough stories. Ultimately it's all relative... here I am cooking grilled cheese sandwiches for my daughter and telling her to wait to get new clothes that actually fit. We have a goal this year and that's what it's all about.

There are a lot of things to finish up -- most of which cannot be completed without a fat check in hand. These include:
- Insurance
- Worker's Comp
- Light and camera rentals
- Food deposits
- Transportation rentals

The last few days have been a whirlwind. Is it already Thursday? I'm not so far from light speed. Technically, the speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s, approximately 300,000 kilometres per second or 186,000 miles per second. In the last 3 days I have driven 300 miles and flown to Dallas and Wichita and back. Tomorrow I'm flying to So Cal until Sunday, and hopefully will confirm another small funder during the process. These days, I am the light.


All is going well and we are on top of it. Once the funds come in, we will be settling into 5th gear and cruising. Donations are gratefully welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment